This book is about a 13 year-old kid named Capricorn (Cap) Anderson who is raised by his grandma, Rain. They live in a Hippie commune, Garland, together. Cap has never watched T.V, never heard of a wedgie, or even left Garland. When Rain falls out of a tree while picking plums, she has to go into rehab and physical therapy. Now, Cap is forced to go to Claverage Middle School and live with a former Hippie, Flora (Florammundi as Rain used to call her when Flora lived in Garland) Donnelly and her cranky 16 year-old daughter, Sophie. When Cap goes to Claverage, he becomes the nerd. And the biggest nerd in 8th grade is nominated 8th Grade President.... And wins. Will he become the best President ever, or the school Court Jester? READ THE BOOK TO FIND OUT!!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!
I agree with Lexi, I loved this book! I like how the story is told from the different characters' points of view. It's about an outsider (Cap, who's lived in a commune all his life) who suddenly must go to a public middle school and endure the awful treatment of the "cool kids". Fortunately, Cap's natural "coolness" and genuine caring for others turns the situation into a triumph of good over evil. I think all kids, especially those between 9-14 should read this book.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis book is about a 13 year-old kid named Capricorn (Cap) Anderson who is raised by his grandma, Rain. They live in a Hippie commune, Garland, together. Cap has never watched T.V, never heard of a wedgie, or even left Garland. When Rain falls out of a tree while picking plums, she has to go into rehab and physical therapy. Now, Cap is forced to go to Claverage Middle School and live with a former Hippie, Flora (Florammundi as Rain used to call her when Flora lived in Garland) Donnelly and her cranky 16 year-old daughter, Sophie. When Cap goes to Claverage, he becomes the nerd. And the biggest nerd in 8th grade is nominated 8th Grade President.... And wins. Will he become the best President ever, or the school Court Jester? READ THE BOOK TO FIND OUT!!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Lexi, I loved this book! I like how the story is told from the different characters' points of view. It's about an outsider (Cap, who's lived in a commune all his life) who suddenly must go to a public middle school and endure the awful treatment of the "cool kids". Fortunately, Cap's natural "coolness" and genuine caring for others turns the situation into a triumph of good over evil. I think all kids, especially those between 9-14 should read this book.
ReplyDelete